Routine Farm Calls
To schedule a routine farm call you can call as early as 7:30 am. The phone number for this is 715-265-4286 or 1-800-472-4224. Same day farm calls are regular price until 11:00 am; after that a late call charge will apply. This allows our doctors to group calls together and avoid unnecessary driving. Any time during regular working hours that a call must be responded to promptly, causing the doctor to drive a considerable distance out of his/her way or delay previously scheduled work, an emergency call charge may be applied.
Large Animal Emergencies
How to Schedule an Emergency Visit
Call 715-265-4286 and our answering service will respond after 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, after noon on Saturday and all day on Sundays and Holidays. Identify yourself and the farm. They will ask for your phone number and address in case a doctor might not be familiar with your area. Please be prepared to describe the reason for the call. The answering service will then attempt to reach the doctor on call by phone. If the doctor is available you will be able to speak directly to him or her. If he or she is not available at that moment you can leave a message and the doctor will return the call as soon as possible.
Helpful hints for using the answering service:
Let the telephone ring if there is no answer on the first two rings. They may be responding to several calls at one time.
- First, give your name, telephone number and location.
- Second, describe the problem. Please speak slowly. They have to write down everything you say in order to advise the doctor on call.
- Third, be patient. The answering service staff is neither familiar with farm language nor trained in veterinary care.
- Fourth, have someone available to answer the telephone in case the doctor needs to talk to you. If you are using a cell telephone, please stay in a place that has good reception.
The answering service will NOT:
- Give out home numbers of doctors.
- Say where a doctor is at the time you call. This is a matter of client confidentiality.
- Call any doctor that is not on call.
- Call the clinic after closing to find out if a doctor is still there.